Thank you for this Brooks.  dee

On 10 Sep 2009, at 22:09, Brooks Bradley wrote:

I have not had available time in which to catch up on the various exchanges of the list membership....during the past week or so, I believe I can offer a few comments that may be of value----for those who are actually conducting research of their own. Someone made a comment about the feasibility of implementing kitchen blenders for achieving the emulsifying force in the encapsulation liposomalenomena. It is true, in fact, that a certain measure of ascorbate encapsulation will result from such activity (about 20% maximum, under ideal conditions, employing special measures to control foaming). We did, actually, evaluate this type process...early on, in our preliminary research on this phenomena, but abandoned it because of low efficiency and requirements for closer tolerances between the liquid components. This said, if there are list members actively engaged in attempts to reconcile a useful, low-end efficiency encapsulation.....there are some modifications/ refinements they might consider....to actually improve the encapsulation levels which might be acceptable (to them). The following comments might be of use to these individuals. First, the conversion of Ascorbic Acid into sodium ascorbate is recommended.