Hi Listers,
since so many of you are so knowledgeable about nutrition, I wonder if anyone
can answer these questions.
Someone just told me that unfermented soy is bad for you because it contains
tripsen (sp) inhibitors which create incomplete digestion of proteins and
negatively affects the bodys use of calcium, zinc and iron and also that it
harms your thyroid. She said that supposedly the only healthful kinds of soy
are tempeh and miso and soy sauce. This concerns me because I don't eat dairy
and thus often eat tofu or use soy milk in things. Any feedback?

Another question I had was on the sesame seed issue of oxalates (sp?) in
hulled sesame seeds. What are they and in what way are they bad for you? I
like the idea of using sesame seeds as a calcium source so I've been making a
morning shake with flax seeds, flax oil, hulled sesame seeds, soy yoghurt and
fruit. Any ideas on how much sesame seeds is good and whether it would harm
them to be roasted and whether hulled or unhulled is good would be helpful.

And then, at the recommendtion of someone on the list I read "Fit for life"
about food combining and found out that according to the theories of food
combining fruit and protein is bad for you.

I've gotten to this place of tremendous frustration because every time I find
out one interesting thing, I find something else to contradict or confuse it.

So -- I liked the idea of flax seed oil and cottage cheese, but I believe the
studies which show that dairy promotes osteoporosis so I don't eat it. So I
combine the flax oil with soy yoghurt or tofu and hope it has the same
effect. But now maybe soy yoghurt and tofu are bad for you - or maybe they
are fermented enough to be okay.
And I love making morning shakes, but fit for life says fruit only in the
mornings and without anything else. However, trying that for even a few days
made my candida very happy and me miserable. So I'd like to stick with the
shakes. One thought was to make them with just oranges and banana and sesame
and flax but no soy. Does anyone know if seeds are allright to combine with
fruit? And I sometimes take MSM -- does anyone know if since Johanna Budwigs
flax oil theories have to do with combining flaxoil and protein and sulfur --
would I get enough protein from the flax and sesame and enough sulfur from
msm to activate the flax oil?
Sorry if this is very off topic, but I think you guys are the best people I
know to ask.
Thanks again,
Katarina