Yes, CS will negativly affect the septic tank operation. That said, it depends on how much CS gets into the tank and how often.
A little (an ounce or two) may slow down digestion a lot will stop it.
I don't want to even think about the cost of having someone, in the "dead of winter", come out , face the dogs and shotguns to pump it out. If I were young enough to live in a wonderful place like yours, I might consider a seperate "gray" water system.

Bruce A.
zoe w wrote:

Actually  it works  on Yeast and Bacteria,  which is  why  Im  asking.

zoe

Dorothy Fitzpatrick wrote:

Doesn't a septic tank rely on chemicals? I don't know as I haven't got one, but if it does, then I can't see how CS can interfere with it. dee