One funny thing I have noticed is how difficult it is to convince anybody who
doesn't already know about CS how amazing it is.

Both of my groan, er, I mean, grown kids have worked at the New England Journal
of Medicine, and they are "True Believers" in the AMA, FDA, and all things
traditional western medicine.  And they steadfastly refuse to believe in
anything else.  These are 30-somethings.  At the moment.  They totally scoff at
the idea of CS, as if we are talking about voodoo or witchdoctors or something.

Same reaction with people at work.  So now I just don't bother much.  I hear
them coughing and sniffing, taking off sick, talking about the flu, getting
their flu shots, getting colds, etc., and think how nice it is not to have to
deal with any of that any more.  But even when they are sick, they don't want
to hear about CS.

Of course it doesn't help that the powers that are against it have websites
that they pay to keep at the front of google searches, that put down CS and try
to scare people away from it.  A friend of mine did a google search on it, and
the first 3 or 4 items were quackwatch, some site from a university, the
standard blue man and gray people pictures, etc.  It's no wonder people get
turned off to it.  I looked into quackwatch, and found references to the guy
who owns it having received awards from the FDA.  No surprises there.  The
university sites were AMA connected.  You have to pay to get your website up
front on google like that, and I'll bet I know exactly who is paying in this
case.

Anyhow, interesting phenomenon, the resistance to learning about something new
like this, or maybe it is just resistance to learning about anything that
doesn't come from one's own doctor?

Dick