Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is TOO FUNNY!!!  He told You that You should
have an open mind?!?!  Awesome.

Yes, that is exactly the same attitude that my kids and others have.  If it
doesn't have a peer-reviewed article in NEJM, then it doesn't exist.

I think we are brought up to look at medicine as a sort of religion, and the
doctors as high priests, where we have to take everything on faith, don't dare
question anything, and have to do whatever they tell us.

Fortunately, the older I get, the more my BS alarm goes off, and the less I pay
attention to anything other than reality.

My definition of reality:  "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
it, does not go away."  I love it.

As for CS, both my wife and I were starting to give up on convincing our
friends to use it, but then just yesterday my wife called in tears to tell me
that the mid-thirties son of good friends of hers just died from H1N1.  We both
decided that we don't care if people think we're kooks or PITAs, we are going
to keep pushing CS.  We have made a few converts.  But it is an uphill battle
all the way.

Cheers!
Dick