Dee,

>From what I remember, you have a new distiller and you are pre-boiling
the water before you put it in the distiller. Assuming this is correct,
you are getting contamination after distillation. It could be from
something on the walls of your receptacle container, something being
picked up from the air or something in the condensing coil. My guess is
that there may be some residue in the condensing coil left over from the
manufacturing processes and that the contamination will go away with
time and use. Or you may be able to find a way to clean the coil.

-       Steve N

> At 02:08 PM 12/8/2009 +0000, you wrote:
>> Hi all, just another go at asking why I should get a TE in distilled
water (I made) which reads 000 on a TDS meter.  any ideas??  dee