I have only used it seven times Steve, and scrub it with a nylon scrubber after
use and I have done it with the crystals once.  There doesn't look to be any
contamination in it and the CS I make is clear and about 10ppm.  And as I say,
it reads 000 on the TDS meter, which I assume means that there is very little
in the water.  The one time I ran it through a Brita filter before distilling,
it read 002 after distilling, but I don't do that anymore.  It is just a
mystery. I am going to invest in a Hanna 100 after Christmas and see what that
says.  dee