Hidden infections under teeth could also be a factor. My regular migraines cleared up after having a root canal treated tooth removed. I was only getting mild toothache but having tried many things before this, diet, cleansing fasts, herbs, chiropractic, acupuncture, decided to have it removed after reading (Dr Hulda Clark) about potential problems with root canal treated teeth, and found that indeed it was infected underneath.

There's often a combination of causes. Mine were also linked to neck problems and hormonal cycles, but it was having the tooth out that cleared them up for me

Wishing your wife success in finding a solution.

Shiona