Marshall Dudley schrieb:

gallon to use to soak my horse's feet? Should I throw away the
half gallon I have stored in plastic for the last month?
TIA,
Teresa

I have stored CS in hd polyethylene for months and in some cases years
with no dicernable effect. All plastics are not the same, which plastic
have you experienced this problem with?

Marshall

I think it depends on the kind of EIS you make: metallic/ionic.

I make it with the HVAC method.
Some time ago I used very good distilled water such that the electrodes pull up a water cone at the beginning. The glass beaker in which I brew the CS became slowly a metallic deposit over the months. Also an old CocaCola bottle became slowly metallic black.

Now my distilled water is worse. The cones are negligible. I generate thus almost only ionic silver. The beakers and the bottles stay clear for glass and plastic as well.

I think an ionic silver solution is not very sensitive.

Guenter