Wow Steve - Thanks so much for taking the time to explain that! I'm going to
print that off and study it, as well as the info on the links you gave me.

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:29:55 -0800
From: silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com
Subject: silver-digest Digest V2010 #188
To: silver-dig...@eskimo.com

Greg,

A good place to start is by determining how much silver ACS recommends using.
That is much more important than the actual ppm of the solution. Ppm is mostly
useful for determining how much silver one is taking.

The recommended dosage for ACS 200 is:
* An initial dose of 1 to 2 ounces. One ounce of ACS 200 contains 5.9 mg of
silver.

Then you take one of the following Daily doses:
* 5 sprays, 2 -3 times daily for a normal dosage. At three times a day that
would equal 0.48 mg of silver

* 10 sprays, 4 times daily for a therapeutic dosage. That would equal 1.28 mg
of silver.

ASAP silver uses H2O2 combined with their CS (EIS). To make CS equivalent to
the ASAP follow Marshall's directions at the link below. You use the CS you
make with your Silvergen but wait two days after making the CS before adding
the 3% H2O2. ASAP uses more H2O2 but I don't know that that will make a
difference. It might, by increasing the silver oxide content, which appears to
provide the oomph of their product (per their patent). Marshall's paper:

http://www.quantumbalancing.com/real_facts_on_colloidal_silver.htm

How does H2O2 affect EIS?
When H2O2 is added to EIS (one or two drops per glass of EIS), it will be noted
that there is an immediate clearing effect. The Tyndall (what you see if you
shine a laser pointer though the liquid) will become very faint as well. If the
ppm of the EIS is sufficiently high (25 to 30 ppm) a white cloudy precipitate
may form as well.
There are a number of reactions that occur. H2O2 is normally thought of as an
oxidizer, but it can act as a reducer as well. Also silver is considered a
catalyst for H2O2, but in actuality gets directly involved in the reactions.
The H2O2 reacts with the silver particles, producing ionic silver, a
combination of silver hydroxide and silver oxide. This makes the large
particles disappear, reducing the tyndall. However H2O2 also reacts with the
silver oxide and silver hydroxide producing a 2 atom colloid of silver plus
oxygen (and water in the case of silver hydroxide). Over time this 2 atom
colloidal particle can end up being converted back to silver oxide and silver
hydroxide, and so forth. The final result is a mixture of ionic silver
(hydroxide and oxide) and very small colloidal particles. Thus if you add H2O2
to freshly made EIS, you can sometimes see the oxygen bubble off, and the
tyndall may change significantly. But more importantly, the particulate portion
of the EIS will go from being medium or large particles to many more very small
particles, and the particle content will increase from a typical 5-15% to
around 30-50%. If you have a strong tyndall from large particles, it will
decrease, and if you have a weak or no tyndall it will increase with the
formation of the 2 atom particles. This enhances absorption, as well as
effectiveness. Note that it is recommended to let the EIS sit for 5 or more
minutes if you do add H2O2 to it to let it stabilize.

The amounts equivalent to the ACS doses, for your 12 ppm CS are:

For 5.9 mg of silver take 16.9 ounces of 12 ppm CS.
For 0.40 mg of silver take 1.1 ounces of 12 ppm CS
For 1.28 mg of silver take 3.5 ounces of 12 ppm CS

I think that those amounts will be equal to or better than what you will get
with ACS 200 or Mesosilver.

However, personally I would reduce the initial and therapeutic dosages to
something lower. I would cut both in half. For the initial dose, I would take 4
oz of CS with H2O2 in the morning followed at least 3 hours later by 4 oz of CS
in 8 oz of Gatorade. I would also cut the therapeutic dosage in half and split
it between CS/H2O2 and CS/Gatorade. Again taken at different times.

The CS/Gatorade combination will provide some silver citrate to your daily
dose. Personally, I think that is a beneficial addition. Take a look at the
kill times ACS 200 publishes:
http://www.resultsrna.com/research/acs_200_comparing_kill_kinetics_of_the_leading_antimicrobials.php
Now look at kill times for 30 ppm silver citrate:
http://www.purebio.com/products/sdc_hard_surface

The kill times of the 30 ppm silver citrate are equal to those of 200 ppm ACS
200. I would expect the use of Gatorade will give you equal to or better
performance while reducing the total amount of silver consumed daily. It also
keeps average silver consumed to less than 1 mg per day, something I recommend.
The last part with Gatorade is just my personal opinion. Others may not agree.

 - Steve N