I have a bottle of stuff that says it's SSKI (potassium iodide) and it also says it's "white iodine." Since I don't generally sense anything when I take iodine or don't, I can't tell you if it's affect (that's aaah.fect)is stronger or weaker than that of the brown stuff. The brown stuff seems more effective on cuts; I use the white stuff on my fingernails and in my ears.

Paul Bond wrote:

I make my own Lugols from Iodine and Potassium Iodine. I have it in a /clear/ spray bottle, and notice that it's getting lighter all the time. I had assumed this was a UV issue and should be in dark glass or even kept away from light altogether, but perhaps it's something else. It definitely has a limited shelf life through. I can experiment with this, but it would be several months before being able to prove or disprove the UV assumption.

Paul

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4881 (20100219) __________

http://www.eset.com