Yeah but most of them don't have the potential of contaminating and screwing up every food crop on earth. Of causing a planet wide decimation of heritage crops. They're so sure they know and they've made claims in arrogance, and with no knowledge of long term effects. And they've tried to suppress any study that shows ill health effects from their tampering.

Take round up ready GMO crops. The plants have actually become more resistant , and the resistance has spread to other weeds. They've opened up Pandora's box and they're not going to be able to contain it. It is the height of arrogance to introduce genetic material that they KNEW would spread and contaminate other plants. There is no way to control the spread of it. And maybe that's what they want, for their genes to end up in everything so they can claim they own it. And then charge everyone money for having their genes in everything from garden roses to backyard gardens.

They don't care if they should do what they're doing, they did it because they could. The guys at the top aren't scientists either, they're not interested in how or why it works or doesn't. They're CEOs that are only interested in profiting from the science, not what ill effects might result from their tampering. This is the same company that says BPA is safe.

And I suppose the "broken eggs" idea is a real comfort to all those Indian farmers who trusted Moronsanto about GMO cotton and committed suicide because they went broke because of crop failures and having to buy seed every growing season, farmers in poorer countries can't AFFORD to buy seed every growing season and the specific expensive chemicals required for use on them. The crop yields were miserable, much much less than Moronsanto promised in their glowing sales pitches.

Moronsanto has proven to be a liar in the past, and I don't trust anything that comes from them. They poison people and the environment with their chemicals and they could care less as long as they rake in the bucks. If their lips are moving they're lying.

I'm glad that a seed bank was created to preserve heritage seeds. Because I think at some point we're going to need it. It's the height of stupidity to use and endanger the world's food supply to test new unproven technology.

I liken it to them creating a new virus and then indiscriminately spreading it in the population at large. It's dangerous and reckless to proceed in that manner.

I am scientifically minded and have taken many science courses over the years, with the exception of chemistry. And you cannot convince me, no matter what you say or how you justify it, that they did not know that their crops would contaminate every field around them for hundreds of miles. Anyone who knows anything about plants and genes knows that pollen is spread far and wide by birds, insects, and even the wind. Pollens can be spread far and wide in the wind. We gett grit and dust in the US from Africa for heaven's sake. So it's not too far a stretch to realize that pollens can be carried for great distances. Birds fly great distances, and migrate. And bees can travel a bery long distance. Butterflies, and other insects flit from one filed to another with no concern about fences.They KNEW it would happen, and they deliberately contaminated other people's fields.

There is a lot of skulduggery involved in the GMO seeds, and the USDA even owns patents as well from what I understand. So it's about money plain and simple.

There needs to be a law enacted that anyone who takes a job at the FDA or the USDA cannot be hired if they worked for a company that creates a conflict of interest, or might benefit from the person taking a government position.

Annie
Control your destiny or somebody else will.~Jack Welsh

Richard Goodwin wrote:

The beginnings of any new field of science are full of unknowns and mistakes. But over time, we learn, while trying to minimize mistakes. If we let our fears prevent us from ever exploring the unknown, then we would never have gone to the moon, or anywhere else. We wouldn't have any technology, or medicine, or colloidal silver.

It is reasonable to stop moving in a wrong direction.

It is not reasonbale to stop moving altogether.

Dick