    From: Norton, Steve <stephen.nor...@ngc.com>
    Subject: RE: CS>DMSO
    To: silver-list@eskimo.com
    Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 10:14 AM

    Christopher Scipio's objections seem to fall into the following
    arguments:

    * Only pharmaceutical grade DMSO (USP) which is 99.9 pure is safe for
    use with humans
    * Industrial and veternarian grade DMSO which is only 99% pure is impure
    and unsafe to use
    * There are no studies showing DMSO is effective against herpes
    * It is dangerous because the solvent properties of DMSO allows
    contaminants to be absorbed through the skin and transported into the
    bloodstream.
    *On exposure to air it forms a very high and toxic level of peroxides.

    Personally, I find nothing alarming in his arguments. Yes, you need to
    take care when using DMSO to not contaminate the DMSO or the skin where
    the DMSO is applied. Ok, so be careful. I found nothing online regarding
    the "formation of very high and toxic level of peroxides". Actually, I
    often combine DMSO with hydrogen peroxide so I guess that would not
    bother me.

    Seems alarmist to me but each to his own.

    - Steve N