From:   Jeffrey A. Madore [SMTP:k...@uconect.net]
Sent:   Monday, September 13, 1999 5:05 AM
To:     silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject:        CS information needed

Hi all. My name is Jeff and I am new to the silver list. I have Chronic CNS
Lyme Disease, have tried many antibiotic routines with limited success,
and am interested in making and experimenting with colloidal silver. Please
bear with me as I am relatively uninformed as to the production, use and
efficacy of CS.  I have some questions that some of you may be able to help
me with.

1. What exactly is the form of silver, that I am looking to produce, that
is an effective antibiotic?  I'd like to understand the science. It appears
that colloidal silver consists of silver particles held in solution. Are
these particles just extremely small or does their ionic state maintain
them
within the solution, such that the solution is fairly homogeneous?

2. I hear of precipitate forming on the bottom of the container while
brewing. Is this due to excessive current density, as seen in a lead acid
cell,
that causes flaking of the electrodes. Would the use of electrodes with a
larger surface area be more effective in this process.

3. I hear of many different voltages being used. When HVAC is used, is the
voltage applied to the electrodes AC? If so, what is the advantage of using
AC vs DC.

4. I have, or can put together from parts, sources that will put out AC or
DC at voltages from 0 to 20 kv or more...probably could go higher if I put
my mind to it, and am experienced in working with HV supplies. Where would
be a good place to begin?  Can someone describe a typical setup?

5. I understand that the conductivity of the electrolyte increases during
the process. Should some form of current limiting be employed, such that
the
voltage is reduced, to avoide excessive current density? Is natural
convection of the electrolyte sufficient to maintain an even current
density?

6. Must both electrodes consist of silver?  It would seem that if direct
current were utilized, one electrode could be stainless steel, as the flow
of
current would be in one direction only and therefore, the polarity could be
set such that the silver only, would be depleted during the process.

7. Is the higher concentration (PPM) silver more effective in treating an
infection? I have seen numbers ranging from a few ppm to many hundreds of
ppm. And, is there a point where the concentration / dose has shown
toxicity when taken internally?

I guess this is a good start. Any and all information would be very much
appreciated.

Jeff - K1LE  CT