Hi Tom,

Cool.  Did you get any bubbles with the sodium bicarbonate?  Wonder
where the CO3 - or 2  part went?  Possibly the silver is oxidised and
lying at the bottom all tuckered out (my WAG), possibly you've made some
sodium ascorbate from the baking soda??  The color effect might be the
difference between what colors your brew Transmits; i.e. dark amber, and
what it Reflects; bluish grey?  If no Tyndall, how come the diff between
transmitted and reflected light?  Tyndall doesn't just mean big enough
to see sparklies, ya know, so what is interfering with the light? -
truly tiny microscopic particles, I'd guess, so Tyndall-time.  And
another angle is the sorta complementary relationship (color-wheel)
between amber and blue-grey.

Well, hey;
onward and upward
M.