Garrick,

the idea of the small shaped charges is to surround the pipe with them
and blow it closed, or at least down to a dia. where it could be capped.
Blowing the whole thing even wider is not a good idea, and anything on a
scale you envision would probably produce cracking and widen existing
faults which would lead to a catastrophic impossible-to-control blowout
of the entire pocket.  Wrong way to go.

Malcolm

Archives: