I came across the actual description further along in the site:

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2005/10/18/purple-pectin-for-pain/

This home remedy for arthritis pain has generated almost as much mail
as the gin and raisins. One newspaper column reader related that her
grandmother had been using it as long ago as 1945.

Purchase Certo in the canning section of your local grocery. It is a
thickening agent used to make jams and jellies. Certo contains pectin,
a natural ingredient found in the cell walls of plants.

There are two recipes: Take 2 teaspoons of Certo in 3 ounces of grape
juice three times a day. As the pain disappears, this can be reduced
to 1 teaspoon in juice twice a day.

An alternate approach is to use 1 tablespoon of Certo in 8 ounces of
grape juice once daily.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Dan Nave <bhangcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From the "People's Pharmacy" site that someone referred to recently
> there is an entry indicating that "Certo" which is liquid pectin and
> grape juice work well for arthritis pain for some people.  There's not
> much information, but it seems that the important thing is the liquid
> pectin, and the grape juice is just to help get it down.  At least,
> that's the way I read it.
>
> http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2008/07/02/certo-and-grape-1/
>
> Dan
>
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM, Kathy Tankersley <tanke...@iland.net> wrote:
>> My clucosamine/chondroitin/msm is not working for joint pain anymore.
>> Someone on this list said they use something else, does anyone remember what
>> it is?  If not, I could really use some suggestions as to what to use.
>> Thanks......Kathy

Archives: