Fw: Re: CS>chiggers

OK, time for my 2 cents worth.  Edith, if your husband hyper releases histamine
like I do a combination of all the suggestions previously offered will probably
all help in some aspect AND you might break open a few capsules or dissolve
tablets of diphenhydramine (Benadryl or generic) in as little water as possible
----duh how about in a little CS? --- and dab on the itchies - frequently---and
repeatedly.  This will help the histamine response only, but it does wonders
for bites.  I wonder how DMSO could figure in the mix as it might give better
penetration and would also help the body resolve the inflammation process more
rapidly.  I like this local application of a super concentration antihistamine
because it acts thoroughly and rapidly .....and I don't have to nap all day
from oral antihistamine.

Further FYI - I also use white toothpaste on ant bites as soon as they happen,
just smear a gob over the whole area and all the stinging stops as well as
preventing the red,itchy pustules.  We keep several tubes from the dollar store
around the house and grab quickly if we or the grandkids inadvertently get into
those stinging red ants.  Works every time.  If there are many, many bites you
may need to apply the toothpaste, rub in well then wipe off with a wet cloth or
under the faucet outside and apply a second coat of the white tooth paste.  Ant
bites feel worse than wasp stings to my hyper reactive self and the toothpaste
really works on the pain as well as the sequale.

OK, Ode, ...Why does the toothpaste and could add CS to the toothpaste mix here
to keep on topic...and would the CS further neutralize the bite reaction?  Is
the bite "acid" and the calcium "alkaline" and penetrating like the ant venom
to be able to neutralize it so quickly?  Huh?  Huh?  Huh?

To all the other CS'ers.  Thanks for all the thought provocations, laughs and
CS info, especially the CS info as I am still very much in the initial learning
curve and ya'll are awesome in your knowledge and ability to answer
questions!

We are each a unique creation!     Vive la différence.

Paula in Palacios
Re: CS>chiggers
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:42:50 AM
From:
"Ode Coyote" <odecoy...@windstream.net>
To:
"" <silver-list@eskimo.com>
They aren't there TO suffocate.
Chiggers bite, get their nutrients and leave.

Epsom salt bath sounds likely..I'll keep than one in the file.

Chiggers do not burrow under your skin, as many people believe, nor do they
feed on animal blood. They actually feed on the fluids in skin cells. To get
the fluids, they attach themselves to a skin pore or hair follicle and inject a
digestive enzyme that ruptures the cells. The enzyme also hardens the
surrounding skin tissue, forming a sort of straw for sucking the skin cell
fluids. The whole process irritates the skin, causing an itchy red bump that
continues to cause discomfort for several days. Chiggers are only about 1/50th
of an inch (0.5 mm) in diameter and so are too small to be seen with the naked
eye. This invisibility is the reason so many people believe chiggers burrow
under the skin.

One commonly known remedy for chigger bites is to apply nail polish to reduce
itchiness. This does not kill the chigger or treat the bite in any way. It
simply seals the area off from the air, which keeps the sore from itching so
badly. If you want to apply something to relieve itching, it's much better to
use a salve or cream that contains antihistamines (Caladryl or hydrocortisone
salves are the most common). Like nail polish, these treatments will seal the
bite from the surrounding air, but they will also help to prevent infection. If
the welts continue to irritate you for more than a couple of weeks, they might
be infected and you should see a doctor.

Ode