I get the same debris on the bottom.  I think it is from the stuff that
comes off the silver rods when I pull them from the jar.  On the swap mode
this is very very minor.  On the other setting there is a lot of it as I
tried the other setting for one batch.

However, the ONE time I tried adding H2O2 I got larger bits that were light
in color and suspended in the EIS.  They did not settle to the bottom.  No
one ever answered my question about what happened with that.  I have been
reluctant to try any H2O2 since.

Mine also will discolor the dog bowl after a few days to a slightly reddish
color.  I just wash the bowl - it comes off - and refill with fresh.  But I
wondered about the color too.  I'm in Minnesota so I don't think you can
blame the local water source.

Jaxi