From: Beth [mailto:csilverl...@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 7:28 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>distiller/ppm/hanna meter

Yes and that means that I use 1.5 gallons of water and it
yeilds only .5 gallons after 6-8 hours of distilling.

I distilled first batch last night it read 2.8 while still
warm however it read .7 this morning after it cooled and sat
a while.

I will continue to test the batches as they come out and as the
distiller gets older it might change.
I am on a water system which is not potable. (like being in a cottage)
All of our drinking/cooking water
is bought so it becomes quite a waste when I start tossing out
a gallon of water each time.

If it was just coming out of the tap I probably would not mind as much.
1.5 gallons of water and 6-8 hours power for 1/2 gallon also seem like a lot
of waste.
However I do understand that making the CS is what comes out cheaper
in the end no matter what I do.  :)

I just dont understand how the temperature would make such a difference
in the reading. 2.8 down to .7 is quite a difference. The PWT is suppose
to take temp into consideration.

Beth

Archives: