Key word "therapy" indicating that somebody has some idea of what they are dealing with. Ozone will eat the tires right off your car..is why drill cords fall apart after a few years

See also: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trioxidane>trioxidane

Ozone, along with reactive forms of oxygen such as <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superoxide>superoxide, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singlet_oxygen>singlet oxygen, <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_peroxide>hydrogen peroxide, and <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochlorite>hypochlorite ions, is naturally produced by <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_blood_cell>white blood cells and other biological systems (such as the roots of <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagetes>marigolds) as a means of destroying foreign bodies. Ozone reacts directly with organic double bonds. Also, when ozone breaks down to dioxygen it gives rise to oxygen <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_radical>free radicals, which are highly reactive and capable of damaging many <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_compound>organic molecules. Ozone has been found to convert <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholesterol>cholesterol in the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood>blood stream to plaque (which causes hardening and narrowing of arteries). Moreover, it is believed that the powerful oxidizing properties of ozone may be a contributing factor of <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflammation>inflammation. The cause-and-effect relationship of how the ozone is created in the body and what it does is still under consideration and still subject to various interpretations, since other body chemical processes can trigger some of the same reactions. A team headed by Dr. <http://www.iupac.org/organ/members/w/wentworth.html>Paul Wentworth Jr. of the Department of Chemistry at the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scripps_Research_Institute>Scripps Research Institute has shown evidence linking the antibody-catalyzed water-oxidation pathway of the human <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_system>immune response to the production of ozone. In this system, ozone is produced by antibody-catalyzed production of <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trioxidane>trioxidane from water and neutrophil-produced singlet oxygen.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone#cite_note-33>[34]

When inhaled, ozone reacts with compounds lining the lungs to form specific, cholesterol-derived metabolites that are thought to facilitate the build-up and pathogenesis of <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atherosclerotic_plaques>atherosclerotic plaques (a form of <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_disease>heart disease). These metabolites have been confirmed as naturally occurring in human atherosclerotic arteries and are categorized into a class of secosterols termed atheronals, generated by <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozonolysis>ozonolysis of cholesterol's double bond to form a 5,6 secosterol<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone#cite_note-34>[35] as well as a secondary condensation product via aldolization.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone#cite_note-35>[36]

Ode