Would adding a little vinegar to the water help dissolve the mineral
deposits?
PT

-----Original Message-----
From: sol [mailto:sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:52 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Norwex

jaxi wrote:
> Just a thought for those with smelly microfiber cloths.  I assume this
> is referring to the non silver containing ones.
>
> Why do microfiber cloths sometimes smell?
>
> Microfiber cloths may smell if the proper care instructions are not
> followed or if the water in your home or office is hard and high in
> mineral content.  Only use environmentally friendly soaps without
> fillers when you are laundering to prevent the microfiber pores from
> being clogged and causing odour.  If your cloths smell we recommend
> trying one of the following suggestions: washing them in hot water,
> soaking overnight in Norwex Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent and
> washing in hot water, or boiling for 10 minutes to remove any build-up
> on the fibers.

Jaxi,
  Thanks! That may be the answer.......we do have very hard water and my
cloths may be getting "clogged pores" now you mention it because despite
laundering they do get rough and coarse feeling over time. And the worst
ones for developing odor are the ones that get the roughest.  I think I
will try boiling them..........my only caveat is I'd still think the
same thing would happen to my kitchen sponges, but the microfibers pores
are much smaller than the pores in kitchen sponges, so maybe the sponges
rinse out a magnitude better and don't hold onto the minerals in the
same way (speculating). If the smell is caused by minerals, it would
make sense that CS doesn't stop it I think.
sol

Archives:

-----
No virus found in this message.