But the tubes would be filled with oxide particles that you couldn't clean
out and you would be leaving them in the tubes to seed big ionic clusters
in your next batch, leading to bottoming out. I would suggest wire is still
the best, I use 12 electrodes cut from 2 metres of 2 mm 99.999% pure silver
from Alfa Aesar in Germany, a subdivision of Johnson Matthey  (I know I
have mentioned some of this before to you, just repeating a little for the
benefit of new readers).