Hi Judy,
It is taught that the major cause of inflammation in a body is from a
too acidic Ph system.
Acid burns, acidic reactions etc cause the cartilege in the joints to
disintegrate as also the rest of th body does in an 'acid wash'.
The first thing to try would be to stop all white sugars and phosphate drinks .
 No tea, coffee or milk.
Milk is a mucous forming liquid and causes many problems too, more
than I can go into here.
It is usually recommended to drink a small squeeze of fresh lemon in
your glasses of water.
That will balance out the Ph and start to help help clear any fatty
deposits in the liver.
I assume that the water is either distilled pure water or spring.
(Yes, I know, now I am opening a huge discussion on distilled water. .
.  later).
When the fresh lemon hits the stomach it turns the system into a more
alkaine environment.
Don't ask me for the chemistry on this I would have to find my old
text books for that.  I'm sure it's probably somewhere on the web
tho'.
That's for basic starters.
The next thing I would suggest is to look up Robert Von Sarbrucher on the web.
(Since we now know that these notes are being reposted by some lazy
lurkers I am reluctant to do the work for them.)
Also, you will find many links to some really useful and enlightening
material up there on the web so I don't want to limit your fun of
discovery either.
If you are really stuck tho' then email me offline and I'll do my best
to find some good links for you to explore.
The raw food diets don't need to be complicated or hard.
 In fact, raw salads and greens every day is one of the very best
gentle detoxes you can do for yourself especially in the hot weather.
Talk whenever you wish. This is just a start.
Be well.
Tara
www.whiteol...@gmail.com