Dan's suggestion is quite insightful and it boils down to meditation as PT
earlier pointed out. The average human looses attention span every ten seconds
and it may seem intimidating at the beginning considering that an undesirable
physical manifestation can be resolved by controlled mental stimuli. However it
is the beginning that is usually difficult. The potential benefits from
meditation far outweigh any short term gains from using any artifical chemicals
ingested. I simply let go by becoming aware of myself and hold on to that for
as long as possible. It is not a marathon but with repeated practice you get
there certainly and surely. Be brave and best wishes, you will get out of it.

Tani

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Alan Jones <alanmjo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My world has been turned upside down.  After nearly 30 years at the same
> company, where I always got stellar performance reviews and incredible
> raises, bonuses and stock options, all of a sudden, without warning, I am
> told I make too much money and my employment is in immediate jeopardy (I'm a
> software engineer).
>
> If this wasn't bad enough, my body is responding with extreme stress and
> anxiety, which are severely affecting my ability to function in my job, let
> alone life.
>
> My wife has some anxiety pills which I have been taking, which help a bit.
> I hate drugs, however, and am looking for other options.  I would think that
> some effective hypnosis program would be useful to get this under control,
> but so far haven't found anything that looks effective.
>
> Any help is appreciated...
>
> --
> Alan Jones
>
> "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
> prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or
> to the people."  (Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution)

Archives: