Indeed.  I remember trying to use H2O2 to detect the level of CS by the rate
of decomposition of the H2O2 and was disappointed to find that the
decomposition stopped when I mixed them.  I had theorized that since the
silver is a catalyst it would catalyze the decomposition, and by measuring
the rate of decomposition I could determine the "power" of the colloid.  But
it would do nothing.

But on the plus side, the combo might make a great topical.

Marshall

Ivan Anderson wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> Its funny how different proportions of the same compounds can have
> completely different effects. Small amounts of Colloidal Silver can be
> used to stabilise H2O2, so that it does not loose its potency even when
> kept in clear plastic containers in full sunlight.
>
> Ivan.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Fred <[email protected]>
>
> > Blow your stains away!
> >
> > While browsing some government medical abstracts I found
> > that silver and ammonia produce a volitile fulminate (explosive)
> > and silver and hydrogen peroxide react violently (no chemical
> > formation defined) and produce free silver and soluable silver
> > compounds, with flames! This explains why H202 is a good
> > cleaner for silver deposits. (The danger is only with larger amounts
> > of powdered silver and H202)! I used to make mercury fulminates
> > when young, by mixing ammonia and mercurochrome. The
> > precipitate was then painted on door knobs and after drying needed
> > only to be lightly touched to explode (like a hand full of caps going
> off).
> >
> >   Fred
> >      http://www.health2us.com
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------
> >
> >
> > --
> > The silver-list is a moderated forum for discussion of colloidal
> silver.
> >
> > To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message
> to:
> > [email protected]  -or-  [email protected]
> > with the word subscribe or unsubscribe in the SUBJECT line.
> >
> > To post, address your message to: [email protected]
> >
> > List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>
> >