Soak Iodine crystals in ammonia for a few minutes, filter, and let them (and the paste) dry. Separate into little piles (oh, pea size) while still wet. A fly landing on it will set it off. I've also mixed tincture of Iodine and ammonia. Works, but not quite as well. Won't last very long dry, as it sublimes. BE CAREFUL. Vapor from detonation is toxic too, I believe.
Henry Reed wrote: > Fred, does the doorknob hurt the victim or not? It sounds like it might > be fun but I need more info. Please? > > Fred wrote: > > > > Blow your stains away! > > > > While browsing some government medical abstracts I found > > that silver and ammonia produce a volitile fulminate (explosive) > > and silver and hydrogen peroxide react violently (no chemical > > formation defined) and produce free silver and soluable silver > > compounds, with flames! This explains why H202 is a good > > cleaner for silver deposits. (The danger is only with larger amounts > > of powdered silver and H202)! I used to make mercury fulminates > > when young, by mixing ammonia and mercurochrome. The > > precipitate was then painted on door knobs and after drying needed > > only to be lightly touched to explode (like a hand full of caps going off). > > > > Fred > > http://www.health2us.com > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > > > -- > > The silver-list is a moderated forum for discussion of colloidal silver. > > > > To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: > > [email protected] -or- [email protected] > > with the word subscribe or unsubscribe in the SUBJECT line. > > > > To post, address your message to: [email protected] > > > > List maintainer: Mike Devour <[email protected]>

