Mike wrote: What sort of veggie/fruit smoothie blends do you use, and do any
of them rise to the level where you might call the results "delicious?" I
ask since even adding a few greens to my juicing tends to yield a very
strong and unpleasant tasting brew, in my limited experience...

----------

I blend the entire vegetable in my Vita Mix rather than extract juice,
because the fiber cleans out the colon really well and has a host of other
benefits besides. Victoria Boutenka writes about this extensively. Green for
Life summarizes the benefits of blended drinks very well, and has recipes in
the back. So do many of her other books.

As for recipes: I very rarely eat fruit, because my body mostly doesn't do
well with even small amounts of fructose. However, here's a dynamite green
drink recipe I developed, which I drink almost every day:

+ 1 large cucumber

+ 5-8 lettuce leaves-I use Romaine, but you can use Mesclun too

+ juice and pulp of one whole lemon

+ 1 TBS apple cider vinegar

+ several stalks of celery

+ handful of cilantro

+ 1-2 cloves of garlic

+ 1 whole spring (green) onions

+ 1 tsp wheat-free soy sauce (tamari), or more to taste (but you don't need
much

+ optional: tiny bit of jalapeno pepper

+ optional: 1 tsp or more of umeboshi plum paste.

The soy sauce gives this a really nice flavor.

You can water this down to make a refreshing drink, or make it so thick that
it's like a salad dressing or dip. You can add an avocado to it, but only if
you're having it right away, as avocados tend to degrade quickly.

By the way, I never eat kale raw and hence never use it in blended drinks,
because cruciferous veggies such as kale tend to slow thyroid function.

Nenah

Nenah Sylver, PhD

author, the NEW Rife Handbook (2011)

Holistic Handbook of Sauna Therapy (2004)

VoiceBio and Biomodulator certification

www.nenahsylver.com <http://www.nenahsylver.com/>  ; www.rifehandbook.com
<http://www.rifehandbook.com/>