On 10/29/2014 06:10 PM, Bill Highland wrote:
HELP!!!!  I am attempting to make my own “Nano particle
colloidal silver generator” for my own personal use.  I
have COPD (emphysema, & asthmatic bronchitis) and wish
to live another day...I have four choices of voltage to
make my own generator and would love for someone in the
know to advise me on a voltage choice.... constant
voltage 9vdc 400 ma 3.6 watts......6vdc 300 ma 1.8
watts.....9vdc 300 ma 2.7 watts and constant ac voltage
15v 360 ma 5.4 watts.....

Any of those supplies will brew a mixture of ionic and
colloidal solver. The higher the voltage, the faster pure
water will begin to be loaded with silver ions. The current
and wattage of the supplies are pretty unimportant, because
the electrolytic cell will limit the current to a much lower
value than any of those supplies are capable of delivering.
Once the silver ion content starts to rise and the solution
gets more conductive, might you need to limit the current
(e.g. add a series resistor to use up some of the voltage,
so the cell voltage will go down, as the conductivity goes up)

The Exception is the AC supply. AC is much less efficient
(for a given voltage and solution current) at raising the
silver ion content and later, turning those ions into nano
particles. But it also wastes less silver from the
electrodes as silver oxide or large silver particles that
fall to the bottom. I am presently experimenting with
non-symmetrical AC waveforms to see if there is some
compromise that retains more of the efficiency of DC, while
also retaining the low silver waste of AC. But, I think you
should start out with a DC supply, because it is very
predictable and always works.

can anyone advise me on selecting various powers as the
product begin to perk faster........I have heard that ac
voltage makes for a more even solution of particles, with
fewer Ions...and the that the amperage is better if kept
low through out the process? What would be wrong with
starting with the highest and as the nano particles begin
to accumulate move to a lower voltage/ma, would that keep
the particle in the nano range?  .....how about it?
anyone?....thanks

Adding a resistor in series with the circuit does this
automatically, but switching supply voltages, mid brew
works, also.

A very handy accessory is a pocket pen sized conductivity
probe that lets you check on the silver ion concentration
and stop the process, consistently at a reasonable
conductivity just before lots of large silver particles
begin to form on the cathode. It doesn't eve need to be
precisely calibrated. Just take hourly check with notes
about what the electrodes look like. You will quickly figure
out what conductivity reading just precedes large particle
production (mud falling to the bottom) for the supply you
have chosen.

--
Regards,

John Popelish