There is a theory that Cancer is accomplished by cells that normally die
when new replacements are formed, fail to do so, thereby a doubling of
cells at a given location.
Called Apoptosis I believe or something like that.
Would explain why it occurs in animals and has nothing to do with thought.
Dave