On 03/03/2015 04:03 PM, Reece Maxey wrote:
Thanks for the info John.
I have more time than money, so if process is slower it wouldn't be a problem.
> have a small 25 volt adapter so think I will try it with 60 cycle line as source.

Somewhere in my cob-webbed memory is something about a multivibrator circuit
>that would produce positive and negative square waves
> with with a desired frequency.
> This was before solid state devices came along,
> and I can barely turn a TV on nowadays.
> Would like to hear more about your experimental circuit.
Opa

It would be pretty simple to build a prototype reverser circuit with an adjustable cycle timer. An all solid state version (no relays) could be made for a few dollars and would run on up to 18 volts, DC. There are little plug boards made, that let you make stuff like this, without soldering.

You may email me, if you are interested in trying to build one of these.

But I am wondering if a little water pump
that jetted water between closely spaced,
silver electrodes,
(to wash away silver ions in the 120th of a second
they were released, each half cycle)
might make the simple 60 cycle AC
work a lot better than a static solution
or even one that is gently stirred.

Has anyone tried this?

If you go to the archive and look at my early posts,
you will find a pretty good description
of the circuit concept I am experimenting with.

--
Regards,

John Popelish