From: Ode Coyote
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 5:29 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>One more question please

Mercury is not toxic, the oxides of mercury are.

Remember "Mercurochrome" ?

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 1998 classified Mercurochrome as "not
Generally Recognized as Safe" [which, like colloidal silver, doesn't mean it's
NOT safe] together with a multitude of other active compounds, based on the
absence of interest on the part of pharmaceutical companies in funding new
studies or updated supporting information, due to the high costs of said
studies in comparison to sales,* rather than due to being toxic*
Opinion killed Mercurochrome, not science

The air contains mercury vapor from diesel exhaust and coal power
plants...vapor oxidizes readily.

Depending on where you are, some lakes are so full of mercury oxides and other
compounds that nothing will  grow in them.

The amount of mercury housed in each bulb is very small, about 4 or 5
milligrams, which in volume is about the size of the period at the end of a
sentence. (By comparison, old-style mercury thermometers contain about 500
milligrams of mercury, an amount equal to the mercury found in 125 CFL bulbs.)
And, provided the bulbs aren’t broken open, none of that leaches into the home.

  When power is supplied, the mercury turns into a UV light emitting plasma.
The UV light excites the phosphorus coating on the inside surface of the tube
and the the coating emits visible light frequencies, blocking the UV.
The sun is full spectrum, UV, IR, microwave and everything else..and much more
intense.
In comparison, I'd not worry about any sort of indoor artificial lighting.

The main problem with Fluorescent light is the perception of 'flicker' like a
strobe light...can be disturbing.

Ode