Why would one NEED a vaccine?

On 1/28/2020 8:42 PM, Steve G wrote:
Well,  I almost never get sick, so it is generally not an issue for me.  Except due to my age, I'm considered susceptible to a lot of things, so my doc wants me to get flu vax, shingles, pneumonia, and something else... I forget.  I did take a flu vax last week when Iwas in the hospital for my heart attack.  Absolutely no repercussions.

I have never been vaccinated for whooping cough.  I had this full blown disease when I was four around 1957.    So I guess there was no need after that.  But that was over 60 years ago.   Does anyone know whether I should get whooping cough vaccinated after so many years?

Regardless, I get the feeling that many of the people on this list think that vaccines are bad.   I am not one of those people.

So, to answer YOUR question, if my doctor's office was insisting I really needed some particular vaccination, I'd go for it.