Hi MaryAnn,
Many years ago I bought a black salve from 2Feathers which I believe still
has a site with that name.  I remember it having at least 1 or 2 more
ingredients besides the bloodroot and zinc, mentioned on the altcancer site
mentioned by TJ Garland.  I also remember researching varying black salves
mentioning certain ingredients needing to be balanced off with others, to
reduce the harsh effects, though I can't remember the specifics now.

The 2Feathers salve worked well for my husband.  But I will say that the
first time is the worst, at least one night of tossing and sleeplessness
due to the pain for both of us.  I used it on my arm and there was a lot of
swelling.  But this reaction is to build your immune system.  The next time
you use it, it is milder, as reported by my husband.  I'm not trying to
fear monger but just a word of caution.  If you have other areas of
concern, try those areas first before putting it on delicate areas.
Recently my husband used it on his temple area with some mild pain or
tolerable pain for a few days. But I have to say it could be because the
salve is so old now, that it is milder, too.

Anyway, this is my experience and others may have had a better experience
with the same or other product.  But the main thing is that it does work.
I can understand your fear of it going deeper than you would imagine, so I
hope you can experiment on other questionable spots, if you have any,
first.  But only do one spot a time!

Shar