For the best general use colloidal silver, I believe it is best to have
both.  The particles will survive the stomach acid, and make it into the
blood.  But the ions have proven to be a great healing aid for burns and
other injuries since they allow cells to revert back to stem cells.
Also ions should penetrate the skin better for topical application.  CS
in both forms is so powerful that even if 10% is of the form you want
for a certain application, it still works darn well.

Marshall