In article <b8f6c38e.806jack...@harbornet.com>,
Jack Dayton <jack...@harbornet.com> wrote:
>Hey Gary, it's not nice to tell those poor misinformed
>PC users about the error of choosing one of those
>generic machines running the current screwed up
>mess that Bill Gates considers an operating system.

A year ago I switched to Win2000, and it has been rock solid stable. I
imagine that XP will become equally stable after the general public beta
tests it for another year or so.

>When you try to explain the error of their ways,
>all you get is a glassy stare. :-)

Actually, I originally chose the Windows platform (Win3.11) because I
needed to run specific software not available for Macs. And, even with
all its foibles, Windows' 90+% of the OS market and vastly greater
software support have always been reason enough for me not to switch to
a nichware platform that excels in areas for which I have no interest.

And, if you hate Microsoft so much, why do you use their software:

--
John A. Stanley                           j...@natel.net