Jack Dayton wrote:

> > From: Roman <r_...@yahoo.com>
>
> > Subject: Re: CS>Colloidal zinc
> >
> > Since I am not "most Americans", and my diet is much better than that of an
> > average American,
>
> So what good is your advise to average Americans?

If the average American is average in his/her diet ONLY due to his ignorance,
then my advice could bring his/her attention to the problem that can be solved
without a miracle. However, I realize that he/she can be average in other
aspects, and for those... my advice will probably only agitate him/her.

> >I am sure this choice is right. Besides, zinc is not the only
> > necessary nutrient. There are dozens of known one that are not present in
> > sufficient amounts in refined diets.
>
> Which is EXACTLY WHY "average Americans" need to supplement carefully

If you are talking about whole food supplements, then I am all for it because it
will contain all the cofactors in a more or less balanced proportions, and that
should improve utilization of the nutrients.

> >And there are undiscovered nutrients.
>
> Such as?

Such as those that I don't know because of their being undiscovered yet. I don't
know everything, and neither do nutrition scientists. Do you think you do?

> >So eating a good diet is better than picking your favorite vitamins and
> minerals.
>
> I KNOW that I DON'T eat a "good diet" which is precisely why I supplement.

And that is fine, Jack. My advice was not directed specifically to you. There're
others on this list, you know. And if you eat a refined diet and supplement with
only what you know about, you may find yourself down the road wondering why you
STILL developed xyz health condition. You don't know what you don't know; hence,
eating whole foods, including whole food supplements, will more likely cover all
nutrients that your body needs.

Roman