Here's another thing that can be helpful for ulcers. I plucked this from
another list: "Coconut has already been patented by bristol meyers squibb as a
treatment for ulcers caused by H. pylori." Various fatty acids in coconut
(mostly lauric fatty acid in it) are thought to have antibacterial, antiviral
and antifungal actions. For more info about coconuts, visit
http://www.coconut-info.com . However, keep in mind that whole coconut may be
more beneficial than the oil. Here's another fragment from the same list: "More
patents are in the works for Ebsteins Barr Virus and cytomegalovirus. All of
the drug companies have been racing to prove the efficacy of monolaurin
extracted from coconut oil as a treatment for HIV, but so far eating whole
fresh coconut has outperformed the extract."

Roman