It is not a threshold from my testing, but a continuous curve. As temperature
increases, so does particle size.  That is why I make my CS at just above
freezing.

Anyway, I also found that the particle size is such at 120 F that it becomes
yellow at that temperature.  At lower temperatures, all the absorptions are
in the ultraviolet region, so you cannot see the "color" change with your
eyes, but they can be recorded with my scanning photospectrograph.

Marshall