That is true.  But you don't need any higher levels than you can get
breathing it.  Plus, you get the O2.

Most relevant: if a person with a heavy infection with a pathogen that
releases endotoxins you could easily kill them with a chug in the tubes.
Regardless of longer-term therapy, if an adult has not been using CS, they
should start with a tablespoonful.  Even that small an amount can be
incredibly potent. I would proportion for little folk by weight. I would do
that and build up slowly, with careful monitoring of signs before giving
large amounts of CS by any route.

Plus, most people can manage to operate an nebulizer or BB's airbrush setup.
Geezing is a slowly learned skill, and especially difficult with many older
people [Their skin is like leather, and their veins are like Jell-O].
People with   low BP are notoriously difficult because the veins collapse.
You can't inject a bubble with a nebulizer.  A caution: neonatals can have
their retina's damaged by too much O2.  Like in permanently and totally
blind.  Expert advice required before using 02 on newborns.  It is no fun to
try to hit a vein and find afterward that the needle has a round hook on the
end, so that if you can eventually push it in, it rips on the way out.  Not
many folks look at the needle with a glass before they use it.

Plus, I have suspected---with no real evidence---that needles have severe
effects on the meridians. Who knows if it is good or bad, depending on the
condition and exactly where on what vein the infusion is made.

Then there is the infection potential.  RN's not infrequently jab themselves
with contaminated spikes; if they do that they can make other kinds of
slips.  And, very few people anticipate the IV experience with joy.

Great for ruminants, that cannot take in via the alimentary route. I suppose
you could make a tent for an animal and nebulize it, but IV is probably
quicker/easier.

Nonetheless, in the heyday of earlier use of CS, IV was most often used.
Doctors do what they are familiar with, like everyone else.  That is why
they tend to diagnose diseases they know how to treat.

JOH