Hi Dan, Marshal, All

I read your post on the igniter .
I don't understand your design, Where is the washer?
Is the current flowing directly through the flesh or the spark jumps?

I installed the igniter in a tube 1" OD and 5/8 ID, the center electrode protrudes 1/8" beyond the tube. When I press the end against the skin, the electrodes are 5/16" apart and the current goes directly through the flesh.

Like yourself I am waiting the first opportunity to test It.

OK Guys. What information can I get, if the igniter is discharged one or many times into a cap, knowing the final voltage and the cap size?

Peter R
--------

A barbecue piezorlectric igniter produces 25,000 volts.

Anybody has any suggestions how to measure the current?

PeterR
------------

Take the output and put through a resistor.  Then connect a scope across
the resister.  Use ohms law to compute the current from the voltage
generated and the resistor's value.

Marshall
--------------------

I just went out and bought a piezoelectric igniter for a gas grill.
Cost about $15.  It looks like those little zappers without a needle.
One electrical contact is on the end of the igniter,
the other is farther up the barrel.  I connected the barrel contact with
a wire to a washer that I installed at the end of the barrel (insulated
from the center contact).  So I now have the washer as one contact and
the other is protruding through the center of the hole in the washer.
If I press the end against my skin, there is about 1/4 inch of space
between the contact points.    I plan to use this on any tick or
mosquito bites.

Doesn't feel bad at all, since the contacts are so close together.

Dan Nave