I was once conned out of $7,800.
That's not counting the nickles and dimes..$5 here, $500 there.
 Instead of getting mad, I started hanging out with that guy.
 Then I found more con artists and hung out with them. [New Agers, mostly]

 It had become very clear that I needed to learn a few things...mostly
about myself.
 Why was I such a good 'mark'?

Expensive, but very valuable lessons.

 I discovered that some of the closest people in my life were con artists.
 Many of them are still in my life, still friendlies, some aren't..but they
don't con me any more.
 I know what they're doing and still sometimes go along.

Con people aren't always evil. Most aren't at all happy. Some believe their
own con game or just can't see it themselves.
A few are trying to force you into loving them. They feel that no one
could..just do it.
Emotional vampires who don't know any other way.

 I 'could be' very rich and have groupies.
 I know how.

ode