Another suggestion is to look into iodine consumption.
http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/article8.htm
sol

C. Hatzfeld wrote:

I took accutane years ago and it did not destroy any oil producing glands in
my skin.  I still get an occasional spot.  My dad's skin was so bad he
actually had it sand-papered but you couldn't tell that seeing him.  My kids
are getting acne pretty bad now and I worry most about the scarring.  I
don't want them to go to accutane...I'm searching for alternatives...CS &
DMSO helped but only a little.  The dermatologist gives topical which don't
fully work and the only other thing that really works is antibiotics, also
not good.  Part of the problem is my boys are not consistent with their
usage of whatever the item is.  We eat little beef but we'll monitor that to
see how it might affect their skin.

Cindy