Like people without allergies who don't believe in them, I don't believe in herx reactions. It is very hard to believe in something one has never experienced nor seen anyone else experience. No matter if I drink an ounce of CS one day, and a quart the next, I've never experienced a herx. It must depend on the type of infection, where it is, how longstanding, or something. Whatever, a gradually increasing dose of CS, backing off at the first sign any lethargy, nausea, etc occurs, is said to avoid herx problems. Not stopping the CS, just decreasing back to the last dose that was ok.
I still don't believe in herx reactions, though.
I don't see how H202 can substitute for DMSO. It has it's own positive effects, which you are seeing, but does not have the tissue transport function of DMSO, or at least I have never seen even any suggestion that it does. H202 internally has some serious risks, which I don't think DMSO does. It tastes nasty, but apparently many dogs don't mind it. BTW, I hope you are putting the H202 in AFTER making your CS? Must be or you would see a whole different process going on.
sol

fredsus1 wrote:

Garnet,

I guess I was worried about herxing. I know animals certainly do herx and
detox but maybe on CS it is not so apt to happen as it can with humans. And
a dog with his life-long condition and his age, probably should get straight
CS as his drinking water. I have no problem giving him at least half-much
easier than doing the 4X a day dosing that I have been doing.
I have been putting H202 drops in the CS also to make it more absorbable, I
figure he (AND ME, with CFS) can use all the help we can get. Ode Coyote
(who's generator I have) says with using the inverted funnel (which I do) I
should be making around 17 ppm plus I am putting in H202, so......I probably
will be doing only 50/50 CS and water with that strength.

Also I am using the CS in a spray bottle. I do not have any DMSO as of yet.
But I just started using the CS that has the H202 in it. I think it is
helping somewhat, the parts that I spray are less itchy. Wondering if H202
would work as well as DMSO topically?

Also on another silver list they were quoting some of Brookes Bradley's
findings on CS and Gatorade. He said: > Actually, if I was going to use a
supporting adjuvant, at the present
time....I would use DMSO (at about 1 or 2% strength).....as it
possesses the quality of being the preeminent
entrainment solution available to us. DMSO WILL transport the CS
through mucous barriers and intermediate tissue fields like NO OTHER
substance of which we are aware---at this time....and it is quite
Non-toxic. Our original Gatorade studies have since, been superceded
by our DMSO research....in which our protocols eliminate even the
possibility of chloride compromise.

Ack I cannot imagine the ingestion of DMSO, wonder if he found H202
internally to be as effective.

Susie