Re: CS>Is it really this quiet? GARNET
From: GAllen4296
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:03:47
http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m74050.html

  > Garnet,

  > Some time  ago,  like maybe a couple of years, there  was  quite a
  > lengthy discussion of what PPM of CS is needed to  cure something.
  > As I  remember, the conclusion was that ppm is  largely irrelevant
  > 2or3 ppm being as effective as 20 or 30. There is a technical name
  > for this  condition, but I don't remember it. Perhaps some  of the
  > technical people  know  what  it is so  that  you  could  find the
  > discussion in the archives.

  > GeorgeA

  Hi GeorgeA,

  I think  you  might be looking for the term  "oligodynamic",  one of
  Jason's favorite terms while talking about colloidal silver.

  The term  "oligodynamic"  was first used by von  Nageli  in  1893 to
  define a material "effective in small quantities." It includes heavy
  metals such  as mercury, copper, and silver.  One  characteristic is
  extreme toxicity  to  bacteria, described in  the  following excerpt
  from the  "British  Columbia   Ambient  Water  Quality  Criteria for
  Silver":

    "Application of Criteria for Aquatic Life"

    "Silver is  a  disinfectant   for  non-spore  forming  bacteria at
    concentrations about 1000 times lower than the levels at  which it
    is toxic  to mammalian life.  This  extreme mammalian-to-bacterial
    toxicity differential  is   the   definition   of  an oligodynamic
    material."

    "The low concentration necessary for oligodynamic  activity allows
    silver or  one of its insoluble salts to be  used  indefinitely in
    contact with sterile liquids without silver levels building  up to
    concentrations harmful to people. The biological effects of silver
    are apparently  due  to reversible bonds  with  enzymes  and other
    active molecules  on the surface of cells. Due  to  its sulphydryl
    binding    propensity,   biologically-available   silver  disrupts
    membranes, disables proteins and inhibits enzymes. The  ionic form
    of silver is necessary for biological activity and the lipid phase
    of the  membrane appears to be important in adsorbing  silver ions
    to living cells. The active sites on enzymes which are affected by
    silver are  apparently  the electron-rich  functional  groups such
    as-SH groups."

   http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/wat/wq/BCguidelines/silver/bcsilver-04.htm

  When you  are young and have a healthy immune system, 2 or 3  ppm cs
  may be all that is needed to fend off infections and viruses. As you
  get older,  your immune system starts degrading. Also,  radiation or
  chemotherapy treatments, exposure to strong mold concentrations, and
  HIV can damage the immune system.

  In these  situations,  the typical 5 or 10 ppm cs  that  is obtained
  with the  classic 3 nines cs generator is no  longer  effective, and
  you need the strongest cs you can find. From what I understand, both
  Ken's Silverpuppy and Trem's Silvergen can make cs of 20ppm or more.

  If you make your own cs generator, you may find lowering the current
  density will allow you to reach higher ppm. I often use 80 uA/sq.in.
  or so,  and find the best I can get is about 22 ppm. I  can  push it
  higher, but  then  it may start showing a  very  slight  yellow tint
  after a  week or so. This is harmless, and merely  indicates  I have
  reached the limit for that quality of dw and process.

  It is possible to make higher ppm, but the results so far  have been
  highly unpredictable  and non-repeatable. I recently  came  across a
  different method that looks promising, but extremely dangerous. I'll
  try it and if it seems appropriate, I'll post the results.

Best Wishes,

Mike Monett