And, halleluja, Marshal writes:
> Once again, I agree.

Well, good! I'm glad you guys agree because, at one time in a former
life, I wasted a whole lot of time trying to make TEM samples of what
were supposed to be colloidal particles that did nothing but
agglomerate into a big jumbled messes that you couldn't use for
anything at all.

These samples were for a project at work that had nothing at all to do
with silver (which I didn't even know about at the time), but did
involve using TEM (Transmission Electron Microscopy) and SEM (Scanning
Electron Microscopy) to try to figure out what we had put on as a
coating on some samples.

Any predominantly ionic preparation is going to *form* particles as it
is evaporating on the TEM substrate... which will have nothing at all
to do with what you've got in the jar on the shelf, and everything to
do with the conditions you prepared the sample under.

Meaningless, in other words.

Be well,

Mike D.