From: "sol" <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>

I have always wondered what the heck the mechanism for the two different outcomes of a big "bump" could possibly be other than a strictly mental control over the bruising process. Unless it is the rubbing of the sore spot, vs not rubbing it?

It's late and I'm too sleepy to even pretend to be scientific, but putting pressure on the spot that was bumped (immediately, that is) keeps the body fluids from rushing in and causing swelling.

See, I told you it wasn't going to be scientific <G>

Sharon