My dear dog has a "ripe" cataract and I'm desperately trying to find a way to
regain her sight. Pl
My dog was also one eyed, cataract covered her pupil. I bought regular
linseed oil a gallon at Home Base (a hardware store) in their paint section and
filled a 1 ounce bottle with an eye dropper. Every day she got one drop in her
eye
for at least two months. Her eyelids became crusty and I just stopped
treating her. I was astonished to see the cataract shrank to a pin point and
after
several more weeks totally was gone. After seeing this I also used linseed oil
(Flaxseed oil) in my eyes. DR said I had a bunch of small cataracts growing in
both eyes. I had a yearly check up about 5 weeks later and DR said NO
CATARACTS. Since then about 5 years ago the cataracts are coming back in my
eyes, I
now make my own CS so I use CS + 10% DMSO in my eye wash cup, cataracts are
still there but not growing.

When I treated my dog I did not even refrigerate the linseed oil. I found
that it goes rancid later so when I treated myself I kept the bottle
refrigerated. I guess that our garage was cold enough when I treated my dog to
act like a
refrigerator.
Brickey