  From: Raine [mailto:rainelov...@sbcglobal.net]
  Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 4:42 AM
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Subject: Re: CS>Cataracts

  Hiya Brickey,

  It's so amazing to me; while searching via search engines for alternative
methods of treating cataracts (specifically in dogs) I got absolutely
nothing. When I began taking my plight to various alternative lists, I found
there are treatments abound! And most are very simplistic.
  If only there were enough hours in a day to create a website covering
these methods, with scientific and anecdotal evidence, for the others that
are searching...

  My precious girl lost her other eye to glaucoma. I searched, begged and
pleaded for an alternative option, but general consensus was that there
isn't one, and we settled on eneucleation to eliminate the pain, and the
need for drugs. Between her diagnosis of glaucoma, and the removal of the
eye, the cataract in her *good* eye rendered her blind. She was pronounced a
good candidate for cataract surgery (at age 12!), but at $1000 it simply
isn't a possibility.

  I so appreciate hearing these testimonies. They give me hope, and good
ideas.

  Thanks guys!
  -Raine with Chino the one-eyed wonder dog
  http://www.dogster.com/?87580