Terry Chamberlin wrote:

> Marshall said,
> "Silver particles are converted to silver oxide and
> silver hydroxide in the lungs over time, which are
> then absorbed into the blood steam and then converted
> back to silver particles and excreted.  This is
> preformed by the lungs producing small amounts of
> hydrogen peroxide which reacts with the silver
> particles."

> Can you cite any sources for this statement?

I previously cited sources for the information that hydrogen peroxide is
produced under two conditions in the lungs.  For both hypooxygenization and
hyperoxygenization of lung tissue the tissue will produce H2O2.  The lungs
have several methods of clearing foreign particles.  They have the cillia,
to do direct transport out, and they produce hydrogen peroxide to oxidize
and dissolve foreign particles. These cites should be in the archives.

> I have
> read this kind of idea on more than one occasion. Is
> this established scientific fact or educated speculation?

Although educated speculation, it is on quite firm theoretical grounds.
First we have the information that under both low oxygen conditions, like
if you have a significantly sized particle blocking the air to tissue, the
lung tissue will produce H2O2.

Second we can surmise that large particles will cause hypooxygenzation, and
smaller particles are known to be an oxidizing catalyst that would trigger
hyperoxygenization, so both mechanisms for producing H2O2 could be
triggered depending on particle size.

We know from our experiments that H2O2 produces silver hydroxide and silver
oxide, both of which have a solulibility of about 13 ppm, and we know that
soluble salts will be absorbed into the blood stream via the lungs.

We know that silver particles do indeed get dissolved into the blood
stream, so they must be reacting with something.  After years of searching,
dilute H2O2 is the only thing we have ever come up with that will do this
and will not attack living tissue.

So the only chemical I have been able to find that the lung tissue produces
to dissolve foreign objects is H2O2, and the only thing we know of that
will dissolve silver that is not highly corrosive is H2O2, and silver
particles in the lungs DO get dissolved, makes it extremely likely that the
process is done via H2O2.  If anyone can come up with anything different I
would like to hear about it.

Marshall